Evangeline

Acne: Did It Get Better After A Gluten-Free Diet?

Rate this topic

For those of you who had stubborn acne before going on a gluten-free diet, I'm wondering the acne got better after starting the diet?

I've had stubborn acne for 14 years now. Nothing has worked, but I've read that acne can be a symptom of gluten-intolerance.

So, did a gluten-free diet make a difference for your acne?

My 'acne' didn't just get better it finally cleared completely. I haven't had any new outbreaks since I went gluten-free. Between acne and DH lesions my face and back were a mess prediagnosis. One of the nicest side effects, other than not being in constant pain anymore, was getting to have the clearest skin in my life.

I still break out if I have soy or dairy especially deep ones on my neck that leave dark marks for a long time.

I still break out if I have soy or dairy especially deep ones on my neck that leave dark marks for a long time.

YES....I had a follow up from my endoscopy today-I do have celiacs. And I asked my doctor if celiac patients present acne as a symptom because I CAN'T BELIEVE how amazing my skin is getting. He didn't act like he sees it a lot-he redirected to more of the other common symptoms that he sees. I never had problems with acne during puberty/high school/beginning of college (i'm almost 25), but the past few years I have not been able to control large, painfu,l and long lasting zits. I've been gluten free for about 5 weeks and there is some redness from healing acne scars but my skin is level and smooth and i've gotten maybe 3 in the last month. I can leave the house with minimal makeup again!