pancomo

Peptide Bonded Glutamine

Rate this topic

Does whey that contains peptide bonded glutamine usually list this specifically in the ingredients? I am currently using ON 100% Gold Standard whey and it lists "whey peptides" in the ingredients along with Over 4 grams of Glutamine & Precursors and was just wondering if this has any correlation?

I'm thinking of switching to EAS or Biochem.

Thanks for any help guys.

This is just to bump your post for more viewings.

I don't have your answer, but I hope someone else does. :)

I don't know, but glutamine is not a gluten ingredient.

Thanks anyways everybody.

Basically I just wanted to know if "peptide bonded glutamine" would show up in the ingredient list because it is derived from wheat. I have had no issues with ON so I guess it's safe.

Thanks anyways everybody.

Basically I just wanted to know if "peptide bonded glutamine" would show up in the ingredient list because it is derived from wheat. I have had no issues with ON so I guess it's safe.

I've seen concern about glutamine before in various threads... why is that? I honestly have no idea why this would be related to wheat in terms of food production. Glutamine is just another amino acid. Peptide bonds are the general bonds between amino acids in a polypeptide chain.

I've seen concern about glutamine before in various threads... why is that? I honestly have no idea why this would be related to wheat in terms of food production. Glutamine is just another amino acid. Peptide bonds are the general bonds between amino acids in a polypeptide chain.

The epitope (protein region) that your antibodies bind to that starts the inflammation reaction in your intestines is a polypeptide containing a lot of proline and glutamine amino acids. Just glutamine would not cause a reaction but I suppose that if the right sequence of amino acids were attached to the glutamine, it just might. I think that is where the concern comes from.

L-glutamine is a gluten free ingredient. Glutamine peptides can be, and usually are, sourced from wheat. And yes, they should be listed on the label as such, but I would always check with the manufacturer. BSN for example only recently started listing allergens, so if you have an older container it may not be listed.