momtok&m

Is There A gluten-free Info Card For Daycare Providers?

Rate this topic

DD2 is newly diagnosed with Gluten Intolerance. She's only 13 months old so I'm not having too much difficulty with her diet because she's still nursing and still mainly eating whole foods. She goes to daycare 1 day a week and her grandma's 1 day a week. Her daycare providers are great with her limitations but I'm sure that here are a few who are clueless ;) Grandma is a different story. She's not very confident with her ability to make healthy choices for her so I've been trying to figure out a way to make it easy for her. I used to have a credit card size list of dairy ingredients-is there one for gluten that I could give to her daycare providers?

I've seen the cool stickers but that's just a warning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DD2 is newly diagnosed with Gluten Intolerance. She's only 13 months old so I'm not having too much difficulty with her diet because she's still nursing and still mainly eating whole foods. She goes to daycare 1 day a week and her grandma's 1 day a week. Her daycare providers are great with her limitations but I'm sure that here are a few who are clueless ;) Grandma is a different story. She's not very confident with her ability to make healthy choices for her so I've been trying to figure out a way to make it easy for her. I used to have a credit card size list of dairy ingredients-is there one for gluten that I could give to her daycare providers?

I've seen the cool stickers but that's just a warning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe these resources will help?

http://www.csaceliacs.org/CelKidsNetwork.php

You can order a free info packet to give out. It includes a dining card, if I remember right.

http://www.csaceliacs.org/cgi-bin/store/store.cgi?loc=35,0,0,0&ref=details&prodid=481