Rjoy

Need Advice About 3 Year Old'S Symptoms

Rate this topic

I first want to say that we have had a lot going on the past few years so I haven't been paying as close attention to symptoms as I should have been. My almost three year old daughter has had loose, foul, smelling stools for as long as I can remember. I took her to an allergist and beef, peanuts came back positive. I also took her off of dairy and apples. She is still having problems. She cries when it is really bad and I have to wipe her bottom. I have suspected other allergies and have taken her off of carrots and peas. (other members in the family have food allergies)

Now I am wondering about Celiac. My eldest daughter is on a gluten-free-CF diet due to her being High Functioning Autistic and it seems to help her but she doesn't seem to have symptoms for celiac.

My three year old cries a lot. Is clingy and just not as happy or content as my other children. It is worse than just the terrible twos.

The other clue, is that she is ALWAYS hungry. She loves snacks! She does eat her food at meals but she will still be hungry soon after.

We are very healthy eaters. Whole grains, meat, veggies, and home baked bread.

Please help! I can't take her to a GI right now because my husband is out of work. I am going to start by trial and error. Should I just put her on chicken and rice diet? I looked up the elliminations diet but that looks ridiculous to do. Any suggestions? Also, we just moved to the country so health food stores are hard to get too.

Thank you.

Aside of the foul-smelling stools, she sounds exactly like my daughter before her diagnosis of type 1 diabetes. She was horrible - constantly clingy, didn't want to go to daycare or leave my side for anything. I got all sorts of advice from weaning her off the breast to letting her cry-it-out at night, etc. etc. I don't say this to scare you, obviously if something is wrong the sooner you find out the better!

Celiac disease is more prevalent with type-1 also, therefore it might be both.

Good luck to you, I am currently trying to decide if my daughter has celiac. Same journey, different order! :rolleyes:

Aside of the foul-smelling stools, she sounds exactly like my daughter before her diagnosis of type 1 diabetes. She was horrible - constantly clingy, didn't want to go to daycare or leave my side for anything. I got all sorts of advice from weaning her off the breast to letting her cry-it-out at night, etc. etc. I don't say this to scare you, obviously if something is wrong the sooner you find out the better!

Celiac disease is more prevalent with type-1 also, therefore it might be both.

Good luck to you, I am currently trying to decide if my daughter has celiac. Same journey, different order! :rolleyes:

Wow...thank you for replying. That makes me wonder if I should take her in to get her checked.

We started an elimination diet and I already see a difference in just two days. Her stool was better today. I actually can't wait for her to "go" tomorrow to see if there it is even better.