DoodleDog

Doc Visit Soon - What Do I Ask For

Rate this topic

Hello,

I will be seeing my OB for a yearly visit. This will be the first doctor I have seen since going Gluten, dairy and soy free. I am anxious about number one telling him about my diet and the reaction I will get.

But in addition and this is where my question comes in should I ask for some type of test for my vitamin levels? I am still so fatigued, my eyes are red rimmed and I have my usual bruising.

Thanks for any advise:)

Hello,

I will be seeing my OB for a yearly visit. This will be the first doctor I have seen since going Gluten, dairy and soy free. I am anxious about number one telling him about my diet and the reaction I will get.

But in addition and this is where my question comes in should I ask for some type of test for my vitamin levels? I am still so fatigued, my eyes are red rimmed and I have my usual bruising.

My OB/GYN was the one who thought I might be Celiac. They tested me for iron, B12, Cacium & more. Iron was very low. Extreme anemia makes you very tired. I'm sure they will want to test you for that.

Hello,

I think a lot of women use their ob/gyn as their main doctor. Mine also discovered my Celiac. I would get iron, B6, and B12 checked. Good luck :)

Yes, if you feel comfortable with that doctor, ask him to run a full metabolic blood panel to check for mineral and vitamin deficiencies. Most of us, due to Celiac, are deficient in several things. B-12 and Folic Acid are common.