oceangirl

Ultra-Sensitives + Prometrium And Estriol

Rate this topic

Hi, Fellow sensitives-

Sorry if this has been asked a zillion times; I can't find it here.

I am taking Prometrium (oral) and Estriol (cream)to control menopausal symptoms (a little reluctantly). The pharmacist has said they are gluten free but now I can't corroborate this. Does anyone know? Does anyone take this? Is there air???!!!!! (sorry, little reference to GALAXY QUEST there).

Thank you for your help. Hope everyone is feeling well,

lisa

Hi, Fellow sensitives-

Sorry if this has been asked a zillion times; I can't find it here.

I am taking Prometrium (oral) and Estriol (cream)to control menopausal symptoms (a little reluctantly). The pharmacist has said they are gluten free but now I can't corroborate this. Does anyone know? Does anyone take this? Is there air???!!!!! (sorry, little reference to GALAXY QUEST there).

Thank you for your help. Hope everyone is feeling well,

lisa

The pharmacist read me the inactive ingredients, (glycerin, gelatin, peanuy oil, titanium dioxide, etc) and it didn't sound like it, but there has to be a trace somewhere - my sweet love is reacting to this medication - made by Abbott Labs - with an "SV" shown on the pill. Perhaps it's made in a facility also working with gluten products, or some of the ingredients in the shell/coating are? How did you resolve this? Pharmacist says there's a synthetic available , a patch that also contains estrogen, or a birth control pill called Yaz. Meanwhile, we don't get this resolved then she'll bleed to death. Help.