twe0708

Celiac Disease And Other Illnesses

Rate this topic

What major health issues have you been diagnosed with since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease?

Hashimoto's disease (autoimmune thyroiditis) was my first, Celiac my second.

Well I have not been officialy diagnosed. I had a stroke and a positive ANA test, but nothing found.

Since celiac?

Fibromyalgia/restless leg (and it wasn't just diagnosed after I went gluten free, it started after that).

Everything else - asthma, vulvar vestibulitis, chronic migraines, hypermobility - was before celiac, some long enough before that I am certain they are not related (and I'm actually sure that none of the others are related - for me - because the gluten free diet didn't change them in any way.

since celiac diagnosis, I've also been told I'm vitimin D deficient and have high cholesterol. Both easily manageable with diet and supplements. I'm quite certain the cholesterol was elevated because of the gluten challenge and will go back down to normal levels the longer I'm gluten free.

Hypothyroism

Asthma

Chronic sinusitis

Then celiac. Hoping the others will get better or go away now that I'm gluten free.

Microscopic colitis, endometriosis, adenomyosis, hypertension, TMJ, chronic allergic rhinitis.

I have been healthy my entire life and started having stomach pains this August (2009). I went to my Primary care doctor who thought maybe it was gastritis and prescribed me protonix. But the stomach ache didnt clear up so my Doc sent me to a GI who tested for celiac disease. Blood work came back postive, so an endoscopy was done which appeared normal but my biopsies came back postive for Celiac Disease [/b]and Eosinophilic Esophagits[/b]. This December I also developed Raynauds[/b]-which is a symptom associated with autoimmune disorders-when I am really cold my toes turn pale and go numb untill I warm them up. I'm only 26 and went from having nothing wrong with me to having three chronic conditons. My doctors have told me that often once someone develops an autoimune disorder they are more prone to develop another. So, know I am nervous that I might develop another condition in the future. While this is frustrating I do find myself fortunate that for the most part I actually feel pretty good, and am glad that my conditoins can be controlled though diet changes so I don't need to take long term medications.

Endometriosis

Adenomyosis

Chronic Gastritis

Restless Leg Syndrome

Gall Bladder Disease (Had Gallbladder Removed)