MamaMeagan

Sensitivity To Dairy Too?

Rate this topic

When I first gave up gluten I was already off dairy and soy for my 7 month old daughter I am nursing. It seems when I first gave it up my symptoms esepcially the nausea that I had so bad got better right away. I decided to add dairy back after a week or so, now 3 weeks later I am not feeling as good as I did at first. I am having the nausea and stomach problems, which I thought was when i would miss gluten. Now I am thinking maybe it's related to the dairy??

I just wish I had some clear cut answers :(. I had positive IgG and IgA, negative scope, but was so desperate I decided to try the diet. My doctor is doing a gene test, saying I still could have celiacs or it could be an intolerance. I just feel crazy not knowing, having no proof. I've thought about doing some enterolab, but I am not sure what test would tell me something I don't know?? I doesn't help I had a stroke that they don't know why and also am having some joint pain with a positive ana, but nothing but the Celiac Panel showed anything, but I still don't have proof that it is Celiacs. It's just frustrating!

I had positive IgG and IgA, negative scope, but was so desperate I decided to try the diet. My doctor is doing a gene test, saying I still could have celiacs or it could be an intolerance. I just feel crazy not knowing, having no proof. I've thought about doing some enterolab, but I am not sure what test would tell me something I don't know?? I doesn't help I had a stroke that they don't know why and also am having some joint pain with a positive ana, but nothing but the Celiac Panel showed anything, but I still don't have proof that it is Celiacs. It's just frustrating!

For me the definitive answers (the PROOF) came from Enterolabs. They can test you for gluten, malabsorption, casein (dairy), soy, eggs, yeast. They can also do the gene testing, but you've got that in the works already. I think their pricing is reasonable and their customer service is really great, too. I like being in control of what tests are run and getting the answers directly, not filtered through the medical establishment.

Whether you have Celiac or gluten intolerance, the end result is the same-- you've got to eliminate gluten from your life before you'll feel better. So does it really matter if your doctor says you're Celiac or not? I think we get hung up on putting a label on things. But I can totally relate to your frustration level. Until I had the test results, I felt like I was working in the dark.

I just wish I had some clear cut answers :(. I had positive IgG and IgA, negative scope, but was so desperate I decided to try the diet. My doctor is doing a gene test, saying I still could have celiacs or it could be an intolerance. I just feel crazy not knowing, having no proof. I've thought about doing some enterolab, but I am not sure what test would tell me something I don't know?? I doesn't help I had a stroke that they don't know why and also am having some joint pain with a positive ana, but nothing but the Celiac Panel showed anything, but I still don't have proof that it is Celiacs. It's just frustrating!

Hmmm, the positive antibody indicates a reaction to gliaden right? The endoscopy is not a reliable indicator except when it is positive. If the endoscopy is negative that does not mean anything except they didn't find anything.

The simple answer is to stop eating dairy again and see if your symptoms clear up. Unfortunately celiac testing just plain isn't perfect. It is not uncommon for celiacs to have lactose intolerance. It might clear up after a while but there is no guarantee it will. It is also possible to have casein intolerance which is apparently less likely to go away.

For me the definitive answers (the PROOF) came from Enterolabs. They can test you for gluten, malabsorption, casein (dairy), soy, eggs, yeast. They can also do the gene testing, but you've got that in the works already. I think their pricing is reasonable and their customer service is really great, too. I like being in control of what tests are run and getting the answers directly, not filtered through the medical establishment.

Whether you have Celiac or gluten intolerance, the end result is the same-- you've got to eliminate gluten from your life before you'll feel better. So does it really matter if your doctor says you're Celiac or not? I think we get hung up on putting a label on things. But I can totally relate to your frustration level. Until I had the test results, I felt like I was working in the dark.

You are right it doesn't really matter. So for me what tests would you reccomend from Enterolab?? I think I will wait until next week when i get my gene test back if that would matter or not??

Hmmm, the positive antibody indicates a reaction to gliaden right? The endoscopy is not a reliable indicator except when it is positive. If the endoscopy is negative that does not mean anything except they didn't find anything.

The simple answer is to stop eating dairy again and see if your symptoms clear up. Unfortunately celiac testing just plain isn't perfect. It is not uncommon for celiacs to have lactose intolerance. It might clear up after a while but there is no guarantee it will. It is also possible to have casein intolerance which is apparently less likely to go away.

Yes my gliadin was positive, not super crazy high but positive.

A high ANA is normally NOT Celaic though right??

Yes my gliadin was positive, not super crazy high but positive.

A high ANA is normally NOT Celiac though right??

Right, I don't think the ANA tests have anything to do with gluten. That being said though some people have posted here that they had high ANA readings. The way I understand it an ANA test results is kind of a general indicator of possible autoimmune disease, and not a definite indicator of any particular disease. And sometimes it doesn't mean a whole lot of anything.

You are right it doesn't really matter. So for me what tests would you reccomend from Enterolab?? I think I will wait until next week when i get my gene test back if that would matter or not??

I would get casein tested for sure, and soy, yeast and eggs to cover all bases. Might as well get the whole story, right? Regardless of your genes, if you're reacting to one or more food groups, you need to know which ones to cut out of your diet.