Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa Ann

How Long Until D Goes Away?

I'm curious to know how long it may take for my D to go away after going gluten-free? I know it probably varies for people but I've been gluten-free about a month now and I'm getting anxious for things to improve.

Lisa Ann

Gluten Free since April 2005

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It does vary from person to person so there really is not a time I can give you. My symptoms improved tremendously by month 3 and then a few months after that I was back to normal.

Juat make sure you are completely gluten free because if not that can hold up the healing process. Have you checked products like lipsticks and stuff you put on your head, face, and hands...these products have a high risk of getting into your mouth so it's just good to make sure there is no way for gluten to get in.

Have you seen improvement from the diet yet? For some people it can take days or weeks and for others it will take several months so hang in there.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

The thing that took away the runs for me was Carafate. I was allergic to the tablet though.

Get the suspension (nice cherry flavor). It doesn't have corn or starch in it. One of it's side affects is constipation. But it made bowel movement normal again (with some cramping on occasion).

It's actually an ulcer reliever/repairer. I was so acidic that it felt I was eliminating acid out the other end. So this relieved all of this. Try it, especially if it feels like you are moving acid through both ends. It also cleared up the "bm" smells (like baby's "bm"s).

Good luck. My Dr. told me to stay on it even when allergic to it because I needed it, and he WAS RIGHT!!!! Now that I am on the one without starch, I think things will normalize.

Your language is fine. We probably talk more about bowels and BM's more than anything else here. :lol:

If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?

Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.

Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

It only took about 3-4 months before I wasn't eating Immodium like candy, but it took a whole year before I found my bowel function to be "back to normal."

And now... I do not move my bowels as often... sometimes it's 2 or 3 days before I have to go.

You're so right... bowel discussions are hard... hahaha.

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!