Tigercat17

Crusty Breaded Chicken Recipe

Rate this topic

Here's my awesome chicken recipe! I thought I would place it here where people can find it. It's from my Great American Recipes card.

Enjoy!

4-5 Boneless chicken breasts

1 egg

1/4 cup of milk

1 cup instant potato flakes

1 tsp. garlic salt

1 tsp. paprika

1 tsp. poultry seasoning or McCormick Original Chicken Seasoning

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

2 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine

* Preheat oven at 400

Wash chicken & trim fat. Pat dry.

In a bowl, beat egg & milk.

In another bowl combine potato flakes, garlic salt, paprika, Parmesan cheese and poultry seasoning.

Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture.

Then roll chicken in the potato mixture and evenly coat all sides.

Place chicken in baking pan.

Sprinkle the melted butter on breaded chicken

Bake at 400 for about 20 mins.

* Increase oven temp to 425 - cook for an additional 5-10 mins or until chicken is tender & juices run clear

(I usually cut open one just to make sure it's not pink, but juicy in the middle)

It's Yummy! :)

Might be dinner tomorrow night! Thank You..

I hope you enjoy this, Lisa. It's always been my favorite chicken recipe!

Your recipe looks delicious! I make one similar, but don't use the cheese or poultry seasoning. I'm going to try it your way next time :)

Thanks for posting it!

That's great Patti! Let me know how you like it! I made some the other day. I was sooo craving it! It turned out really good!

I also rub a little olive oil to the bottom of the pan before I put the chicken in it. It's just so the breading doesn't stick to the baking dish.

Happy Eating! :)

I a copying this down, thanks! I never really learned to cook (diagnosed right before college) and I'm trying now, this one inspired me!

That's great Patti! Let me know how you like it! I made some the other day. I was sooo craving it! It turned out really good!

I also rub a little olive oil to the bottom of the pan before I put the chicken in it. It's just so the breading doesn't stick to the baking dish.

Happy Eating! :)

Do you use a glass baking dish or a metal one? confused new cook here :P

That's great Patti! Let me know how you like it!

Made it tonight and we just finished--it was delicious! I'm using the cheese from now on. :D

Do you use a glass baking dish or a metal one? confused new cook here :P

I use a Pyrex 9x13 glass baking dish lined with non-stick foil. I drizzle a little olive oil on the bottom and over the top of the breaded chicken before baking.

Hi Bre,

I use the Pyrex 9x13 Glass baking dish on foil with a tsp. olive oil on it just like Patti.

Also, there's an awesome lasagna recipe on the forums posted by Bellyfat. I made it for the first time a couple of weeks ago -it was delicious! It was so easy! To find it just search under -Bellyfat -lasagna. I followed her recipe completely & it turned out perfect! I even froze some; took it out this week & it was still good! I try to freeze anything I can so I don't have to cook as much. It's nice to get a break sometimes. ;)

And Patti, I'm so glad you liked the chicken recipe! I'm not a great cook, but this chicken recipe always made me look good! :D