justapurplerose

Looking For A Dr In The Portland Or Area

Rate this topic

I went and saw and allergist who was unwilling to test me for celiacs because I have been gluten-free since Oct of 09. He did do arm prick that raised slightly and a blood test for wheat allergies only and that came back negative today... He's telling me that I am not allergic... I have classic symptoms of Celiacs and when I am accidentally "Glutened" it's bad enough that I miss work. I need to be diagnosed so I can get fmla and not lose my job over my illness. any help from you guys would be great

My daughter lives in Portland. She was diagnosed w/ celiac disease last fall... and since then her symptoms have escalated to the point where they've investigated interstitial cystitis and other crazy things. I think it was "celiac mommy" who recommended Dr. Char Glenn in Portland... an internist who specializes in celiac disease. Daughter has seen her and is also seeing a naturopath who says Dr. Glenn is the best. She's having more testing done (she had bloodwork and an eodoscopy to diagnose celiac disease) to see what the heck is going on... but she LOVES Dr. Glenn!

Thank you celiac mom for recommending her!!

I saw Dr. Glenn yesterday, as a matter of fact! She is AMAZING!! She spent an hour with me, and the one thing I love about her the best is no matter what the issue, she tends to go for a 'natural' remedy first before she writes a prescription. I've been seeing her for 2 years now and I adore her!

You and my daughter (princesshungry on here) may run into each other sometime! I think she goes to see her today!! Thanks again!!