3tikes

Help Interpreting Results Please.

Rate this topic

Hello, I am new here because for whatever reason my doctor decided to do this test:

I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and always get a copy of bloodwork. I noticed on my latest labs this:

Wheat (GF4) IGG 22.1 range less than 2.0

When I talked to the doctor he said that I was showing a wheat allergy and I asked if this meant Celiacs and he said he could run the full panel next time but the treatment would be the same..........don't eat wheat or gluten and see if I notice an improvement.

What do you guys think this means? I have been having a lot of symptoms for the past 10 years-extremely cold, exhausted, weight gain, bloating. But I thought all that was due to hypothyroid. On meds, my thyroid got better for about two months. Then the symptoms started coming back.

Any advice is appreciated.

I would go gluten free. You could request a celiac panel before you do but your doctor seems like a good one and I would consider just going with the diet.

all of those symptoms are symtoms of hypo thyroid disease. They are also symptoms of gluten intolerance/Celiac disease. If your symptoms are not totally relieved by the thyroid meds, then it is possible that you're gluten intolerant or Celiac.

Try going gluten free for a month or 2. If you feel better, then you know. :) And your Hashimoto's symptoms should aleviate as well I think.

I don't know as much about Hashi's as Grave's (I had Grave's - hyper thyroid disease) so I don't know if its possible for it to go into remission or not, but going gluten free should help from what I've read.