This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Day 5 And Still So Bloated!

miaryan

miaryan Apprentice

wanting to give up this feeling sucks! i hate feeling bloated and the gas is horrible. will this feeling ever go away and how long do i have to tough it out!!!!

Thank you,

Mia :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Wolicki Enthusiast

Mia,

What I learned is that your body has been malnourished and not properly processing what you eat. Your bod has to re-learn how to process food. You may also have some secondary food intolerances popping up. I needed to give up all grains for about 6 months. Once I gave up the grains the bloaty gassy feeling went away.

Also might help to take probiotics and enzymes.

Janie

sandsurfgirl Collaborator

I didn't have to give up all grains, but I only eat rice and corn. Lots of people struggle with corn but I don't. I use rice pasta, corn tortillas, and I use rice flour to make pancakes.

It takes time. 5 days is not enough time to heal years of damage. I'm on week 6 and my bloating is just starting to go down now.

Most of us, or many of us, cut out hard to digest things like soy, dairy and nightshades for awhile until we heal. Eat a simple clean diet of healthy foods like meat, fruits, veggies and you will heal faster. Don't eat gluten free foods right now like cookies and breads. They are too complex for your healing tummy.

Look at my post about unexpected results from being gluten free. I went through a few weeks where I couldn't eat ANYTHING without getting sick. I just kept on going and now it's resolving. Not a hundred percent yet but way way way better.

Your life will change drastically and it just needs time.

twe0708 Community Regular

wanting to give up this feeling sucks! i hate feeling bloated and the gas is horrible. will this feeling ever go away and how long do i have to tough it out!!!!

Thank you,

Mia :)

Not sure of your daily schedule, but I find that if I walk for 30 minutes a day it makes a big difference. I noticed a difference right away after going gluten free, so by day 5 you should have too, but everyone is different.

sandsurfgirl Collaborator

Not sure of your daily schedule, but I find that if I walk for 30 minutes a day it makes a big difference. I noticed a difference right away after going gluten free, so by day 5 you should have too, but everyone is different.

I have to respectfully disagree with that. Some people don't feel a difference for awhile and some of us get sicker before we get better. Depends on how sick you were and how long you've been undiagnosed. I've had celiac my whole life and was misdiagnosed until recently at age 40. I felt a difference in anxiety and shortness of breath, but everything else got worse for awhile. Statements like you "should" make me nervous because with celiac there are no shoulds. It manifests differently for everyone.

WheatChef Apprentice

I am currently at week2+ 2 days and the bloating has almost completely lifted. The first 5-7 days of being gluten free however were realllllly bad and I lost about 10 lbs. There was (is) definitely an adjustment period for my body.

miaryan Apprentice

the bloating has finally lifted for me!!!!

now i'm getting regular but eating really clean food!!! and preparing everything myself..

my mom in law told me i could have the left over tomatoe sause then she remembered that she used bread crumbs in the meat so then she told me i couldn't have it..

thank god i'm sticking to making my own foods for right now.....

she almost cc me!!!!

Mia

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived