coriforia

Stomach Upset With Teff?

Rate this topic

I made some rolls with teff yesterday, it was my first time cooking with teff and today I had some serious gas, to the point of being painful with stomach cramps. I never really have this type of reaction, and teff is the only new food I can think of. I thought teff was gluten free - any idea what may cause this?

I made some rolls with teff yesterday, it was my first time cooking with teff and today I had some serious gas, to the point of being painful with stomach cramps. I never really have this type of reaction, and teff is the only new food I can think of. I thought teff was gluten free - any idea what may cause this?

I don't know if this is your situation, but I just posted in another section about buying teff from Azure Standard. I found out after I got it today that it is repackaged by them before sold...on the same equipment as their other grains, which include gluten grains. High chance of CC that won't be taking. Maybe check out the source of your teff?

I just bought some but haven't tried it yet. Now I'm scared!

It is Bob's Red Mill brand so I don't think there it's cross contamination. Also to note, I am not celiac, I am gluten intolerant and never got those symptoms with gluten even, I get other random symptoms.

It is Bob's Red Mill brand so I don't think there it's cross contamination. Also to note, I am not celiac, I am gluten intolerant and never got those symptoms with gluten even, I get other random symptoms.

Have you tried any other brand of teff? It could be that you are intolerant to teff. I tested intolerant to several foods that I've never eaten. I wasn't tested for teff so when I do try it, it will be a gamble. I want to broaden my list of grains so will give it a try one of these days.