emc2623

To Smirnoff Or Not

Rate this topic

huh.gifOk so I ordered the new Gluten-Free Product listing Guide 14th edt. Just came today WOOO HOO!! However in there it says that "Smirnoff Ice flavors Vodka All EXCEPT ice Light" are gluten-free. Now my ????? is this I have seen here and elsewhere that this they were not do to the fact that they were a Malt Beverage??? So I am confused. Just someinsight would be great. Because now Iam CONFUSED to say the least. It doesnt list some other alchols or Beer/Beer altenatives that I found and know are gluten free as well. WHAT should i do??? Any & All suggestions would be appreciated

Your right if they are malt liquor, as in the States, they would not be safe. Where is the guide published? In Canada I think those are safe as they are a vodka drink rather than a malt liquor. I could be wrong though.

I don't know about the Smirnoff Ice, but as to the other products not being listed, no list will cover everything. If you know they are safe, don't worry about a list. Drink up!

Last I remember Ice is gluten-free in Canada because it's made with liquor. In the U.S., it's not.

richard

Malt is NOT safe - here in the U.S. Ice is sold as a "beer" and is not made with liquor. It is a malt beverage. Anheiser Busch brought a mainstream gluten-free beer to market recently called Redbridge - it's good if you like a sweeter beer. I prefer to cook with it because it just doesn't have the bite that a good 'ole gluten-free laden beer has.

Personally, I stick with distilled spirits, because I know I won't have to worry or suffer later. Besides, it gave me an excuse to keep a stocked liquor cabinet!

Thanks everyone!! The book is printed here! I did read more of the disclaimers and like love & rave stated it does say that alcohol that is unsafe here may be in Canada, It just didnt list it that way!!

By the way your all awesome answering so quickly. I appreciate all who took the time to answer