• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Sheely

Gf Breakfast

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed last week ... and have been pretty much living on Tostitos. Hey - they were "on the list", were safe and allowed me time to wrap my head around this whole thing. But they're growing old fast and I need real food. I, too, am a picky eater. Canned peaches and pineapple - yum. No eggs (ever! - just don't like them); meat and potatoes are fine. I'll take my first trip to the "health food store" (me in a health food store is an oxymoron for sure!) this weekend. Someone at work told me about the bagels with the brand name that begins with a "K", and the donuts sound good too. Something to have with my coffee. :-)

We can have cocoa pebbles? You have got to be kidding! I told someone that all the foods that were "bad" for me I can eat ... candies, etc. LOL. What about cocoa puffs? And I can't find this one anywhere - Welch's grape juice?

This board is the greatest. I can deal with this whole thing with all of you to talk to. Pretty ironic ... at one time I made from scratch cakes and sold them ... and my deserts were always what I brought to family gatherings.

Ann

Someone at work told me about the bagels with the brand name that begins with a "K", and the donuts sound good too. Something to have with my coffee. :-)

We can have cocoa pebbles? You have got to be kidding! I told someone that all the foods that were "bad" for me I can eat ... candies, etc. LOL. What about cocoa puffs? And I can't find this one anywhere - Welch's grape juice?

The donuts and brand that they may have been talking about is Kinnikinnick. That is a really good brand! Must have.

We can't have cocoa puffs but we can have cocoa and fruity pebbles by Post.

Welch's grape juice is gluten free too :D

Thanks for the Welch's info - I'm going to have a nice big glass right now! And cocoa pebbles as soon as the lactose intolerance goes away (I just thought it was my age!)

Is Coffemate OK? Read the label and thought so, but still new at this. Have subscribed to ClanThompson and I have another site I've gotten information from ... and the loooooooong list I found on here.

And what about Land O Lakes margarine? I saw where the butter was OK, but do prefer the other.

CDford-I also have high cholesterol my dr's assistant recommended flax seed daily to help with that. I have been using ground flax seed I bought at walmart, mixing it with gluten-free yogurt and fresh sliced strawberries/bananas. its actually good.

I always try and have fruit, protein and carb so I have some combination of the following:

fruit smoothie (+ yoghurt or acidophilus )

carrot, celery & prune juice

stewed fruit with LSA mix on top (crushed linseed, sunflower seed & almond)

which is good fibre & as others have said good for high cholesterol)

rice cakes and banana

egg on toast & fruit juice

chicken or cheese toasted sandwich

broccoli/ zucchinni and melted cheese ( a favourite)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 18, 2019 Until May 19, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• May 22, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com