Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So my biopsy results came and the doc told me it was negative and that I don't have celiac and as usual was urged to continue to eat gluten. I said I'd rather stay gluten-free. It's frustrating that I put myself thru that miserable month and a half of consuming gluten and it was negative anyway. I was so sick from eating it and I really don't think a month and a half was enough time. I really wish I had not gone thru the endoscopy and colonoscopy!

My symptoms from gluten consumption are kind of extreme(to me at least), now I'm also wondering if maybe I'm actually allergic to wheat. Here are my symptoms:

acid reflux, swollen joints, anemia, diarrhea, bloating, severe cramping, blistering rashes/itching, severe headaches, brainfog, nausea, dizziness, bladder pain(I have IC and when I am eating gluten, it flares up), fibromylagia.

Any thoughts? Thanks. Do you think I should try getting the Enterolab test?

Grain-free,dairy-free, soy-free (celiac, possible colitis now as well).

Extremely allergic to shellfish, Aspirin & Ibuprofen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

So my biopsy results came and the doc told me it was negative and that I don't have celiac and as usual was urged to continue to eat gluten. I said I'd rather stay gluten-free. It's frustrating that I put myself thru that miserable month and a half of consuming gluten and it was negative anyway. I was so sick from eating it and I really don't think a month and a half was enough time. I really wish I had not gone thru the endoscopy and colonoscopy!

My symptoms from gluten consumption are kind of extreme(to me at least), now I'm also wondering if maybe I'm actually allergic to wheat. Here are my symptoms:

acid reflux, swollen joints, anemia, diarrhea, bloating, severe cramping, blistering rashes/itching, severe headaches, brainfog, nausea, dizziness, bladder pain(I have IC and when I am eating gluten, it flares up), fibromylagia.

Any thoughts? Thanks. Do you think I should try getting the Enterolab test?

Could very well be Celiac, or it could be gluten intolerance. Since you feel better off gluten, why not just stick with it? Enterolab might be useful for you if you need a "firm" answer in order to stick with the diet, but most MD's do not recognize Enterolab testing, and do not consider it a tool for diagnosis.

Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

Might add that for most doctors non-celiac gluten intolerance flies totally below the radar. There really is such a thing (it could well be latent celiac or you may never develop diagnosable celiac) but the symptoms are just as real and the treatment is the same. It is not okay to continue eating gluten when you react badly to it. I would go gluten free and stay that way if you want to be healthy.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009