Lynayah

Any Julia Child Fans Out There? Chicago Expo And Beef Bourguignon

Rate this topic

I just wanted to post that my husband and I made Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon -- we used Better Batter gluten-free flour (which they say you can use anywhere you'd use regular flour) and it was awesome! I imagine any gluten-free flour might be okay.

I've always wanted to try this recipe, and I'm sooooo glad I finally did. Wow - it is incredibly wonderful. An all day job, which is great if you love to cook like I do.

Also, I noticed on the calendar of events section of the board that on April 17 & 18 there's a Gluten-Free Cooking Expo in Chicago -- one of the topics is "Gluten-Free Julia Child

That sounds really good, and I'm so happy that it came out perfect gluten-free!

I loved Julie and Julia, and when she was preparing it in the movie, my mouth was watering :D I may have to give it a whirl.

That was the first recipe of Julia's I ever cooked, and it IS fantastic. After that I figured, well, I know how to do this dish, so I cut corners, and it never does come out as good as the original :P

That was the first recipe of Julia's I ever cooked, and it IS fantastic. After that I figured, well, I know how to do this dish, so I cut corners, and it never does come out as good as the original :P

I've heard the same thing from others -- not the same unless you do it the looooooong, Julia way -- braised onions, the works. It is really worth it.

I do a lot of Julia cooking and just substitute when needed.  I use Jules flour though.  I like better batter, but Jules is my pick.  My family is still just as pleased.