Beccels

Any Mums To Be With Celiac?

Rate this topic

Hi,

I know this thread is for Mums with Celiac kids, but I was wondering if there were any pending Mums to be who have gluten and / or Celiac?

I am desperate for our first baby. For years I have had neurological problems which we narrowed down to some sort of migraine, but not actually a migraine (prolonged aura / derealization). Although I can't be pregnant on my abortive migraine meds. So my Dr started looking for a cause about 7 weeks ago and put me on a wheat, gluten and dairy free diet. Since then, we have found I have the gene .. and I have been doing quite well. I am starting to taper of my medication now. Fingers crossed!

Anyhoo .. so I was wondering if there is anyone else out there wanting to have a baby and dealing with gluten problems at the same time.

Hi,

I know this thread is for Mums with Celiac kids, but I was wondering if there were any pending Mums to be who have gluten and / or Celiac?

I am desperate for our first baby. For years I have had neurological problems which we narrowed down to some sort of migraine, but not actually a migraine (prolonged aura / derealization). Although I can't be pregnant on my abortive migraine meds. So my Dr started looking for a cause about 7 weeks ago and put me on a wheat, gluten and dairy free diet. Since then, we have found I have the gene .. and I have been doing quite well. I am starting to taper of my medication now. Fingers crossed!

Anyhoo .. so I was wondering if there is anyone else out there wanting to have a baby and dealing with gluten problems at the same time.

glad to hear tge gluten-free diet seems to be helping you. Did you have a biopsy done?

I'm a celiac and got pregnant after the fact. The drs watch the babys growth a little more closely, but otherwise it was a normal pregnancy. Turns out that child is aceliac too. The only tips i have for you would be to learn the gluten-free diet well. Be very careful on the gluten-free diet while pregnant. It's horrible to be pregnant and then miserably sick from being glutened and it's really not good for the baby.