Salem

Conference Worries

Rate this topic

Hello all,

I just found out I am being sent to a three day conference in Vancouver BC later this month. I actually live in the suburbs of the city, so I know some restaurants/grocery stores that have gluten-free foods. I plan on bringing my own cereal, and snacks. My worries are what am I going to do for food during the day when I'm stuck at the conference??? At conferences are all meals usually provided or just lunch and snacks? Has anyone been in a similar situation? I was thinking of calling the hotel and see if they can accomodate me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

By all means talk to the hotel, even the executive chef or at least the chefs office. I think you'll find them most helpful. I have to deal with this all time in hawaii and all sorts of events. They will always come up with something safe and gluten Free

Most hotels keep gluten-free meals in stock now. It's getting more and more common.

Please let us know what they tell you.

Ken

Hello all,

I just found out I am being sent to a three day conference in Vancouver BC later this month. I actually live in the suburbs of the city, so I know some restaurants/grocery stores that have gluten-free foods. I plan on bringing my own cereal, and snacks. My worries are what am I going to do for food during the day when I'm stuck at the conference??? At conferences are all meals usually provided or just lunch and snacks? Has anyone been in a similar situation? I was thinking of calling the hotel and see if they can accomodate me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!