Brien

Any Gluten Free/caffine Free Hot Drinks

Rate this topic

Since going gluten free I also added dropping coffee and tea from my diet as I found out that they were also leading to my lousy feeling. Since I dropped all forms of coffee and teas things have been much much better. However, I tend to do long road trips and have one coming up...., I was such a junkie for the hot drink in the car while traveling..., are there hot drink alternatives that are gluten/caffine/decaf free?

As long as you check the herbal teas for gluteny ingredients, they should be gluten-free and caffeine free. I know celestial seasonings is great about marking the boxes gluten-free when the blend is safe. Peppermint tea, fruity herbal teas, I've found them very yummy.

I think Brien is asking for hot drinks that are NOT coffee or tea.

richard

I like apple cider and lemonade hot.

Have you dropped just black/green teas?

Like the previous poster, I drink mint teas. It's just dried mint in hot water. I also like nettle tea, which is caffeine free.

You can find lots of tasty herbs that are caffeine free to make a hot drink.

Herbal teas (often gluten free, but always check the label).

Hot chocolate (I make mine with cocoa powder, almond milk, and agave nectar, but there are lots of other options).

Hot cider.

Hot lemonade.

I'll have to followup on some of those teas. I was drinking a variety of decaf Green teas but they seemed to be having the same effect but less that regular tea and coffee did. I'll have to double check some things at my local Health Food stores - need to jot down the suggestions.

Hot cider and lemonade I may need to revisit but wasn't something I enjoyed when I tried them a ways back but who knows now.

There are all kinds of herbal teas you can have. The simple peppermint or chamomile or what have you. But there are a WIDE variety of blends. Stash and Celestial Seasonings and Tazo have plenty, but find a local tea shop for more inventive variations. Teavana makes a fruity blend (sweet fruit garden) that I think is fabulous (even better with some honey). And there are more and more rooibos teas (red tea) which are naturally caffeine free.

This may sound a little strange but I just recently found that I enjoy a cup of hot water with about 2 table spoons of honey and a tsp of cinammon(sp). or more whatever your taste is. It is both smoothing and uplifting at the same time.