Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David in Seattle

Obscure Sources Of Gluten?

David....I highly suggest you read Dr. Peter Green's newest version of "Celiac Disease: The Hidden Epidemic.It's about as excellent a reference book as there is. He goes into detail about what you have to do in reality to live gluten free successfully.

Gemini: Thank you for this post! I have the previous version of Green's book. Should I order an update -- how extensive are the additions to the latest version?

Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

David, you're a welcome addition to this forum! Great sense of humor, outspoken and real. Great to have you here!

A woman of taste and TRUE INSIGHT! :D Thank you for your kind words, it's nice (and so rare... ) to be so fully appreciated in one's own lifetime! :lol:

Seriously, I needed to hear that right now, thank you. If you liked this post, you should read my material on snacking I save all my REALLY deep thinking for the important aspects of life, like junk food... :rolleyes:

David

Join eNewsletter

David....I highly suggest you read Dr. Peter Green's newest version of "Celiac Disease: The Hidden Epidemic.It's about as excellent a reference book as there is. He goes into detail about what you have to do in reality to live gluten free successfully.

I checked it out at the library and have skimmed through it, though I can't say I've read it cover to cover. It is an interesting book. Thanks for the suggestion & encouragement.

David

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter