AlysounRI

Just Tried My First Larabar ...

Rate this topic

To all that mentioned Larabars before, I want to thank you.

I only found about 8 varieties (none of the ones I really wanted to try like the lemon and the lime ones) at the market today.

I bought four different ones. They had a lot of the nut and chocolate ones and I am not keen on chocolate (yeah, I know I'm a freak .. :o )

and I tend to prefer fruit to chocolate.

I bought:

Chocolate coconut chew,

Apple pie,

Tropical fruit

and

PB & J (damn, I thought I bought the cherry pie ...)

I tried the choc. coconut chew and it was very good.

Very solid. I could only eat half and then I ate the other half a few hours later.

Filling and tasty and not overly sweet either.

I am preparing for testing at the end of this month so I'll start getting them in earnest when I go off the gluten again after the tests (which I am sooooooooo looking forward to, as I all know that you can well imagine!!). Really great things. So thanks to everyone who mentioned them here. How can one feel deprived of eating choices when there such things as Aleia's almond cookies,

Larabars and Food for Life brown rice tortillas. I don't feel deprived at all :D

~Allison

I love Lara Bars! I always keep a couple in my purse...my all time favorite is the Ginger Snap. I have one with a cup of tea just about every day :D

If you like the PB&J, you gotta try the Peanut Butter Cookie ;)

I like larabars allright, but I prefer Kind Bars, Boomi Bars, and my new find Ruth's Flaxpower CranNut bar. I have to fight my 9 year old over the flax bar. :rolleyes:

Larabars are my new best friend! My kid even loves them...we eat them for snacks at the park.

LARABAR FOR THE WIN!! :)

Does anybody know about the possibility of oat cc in Larabars? I've had to begin keeping a food journal after my celiac disease came ROARING back last year (lost 40 lbs. and have had an onset of severe osteoporosis - a recent endoscope showed flattened villa after 12 years of good scopes....alas.) I've been eating Larabars recently but had one today and noticed tummy trouble. I'm happy so many of you can enjoy them but I guess I'm going to have to strike them off my list.