jackay

Is My Grill Gluten Contaminated

Rate this topic

Grilling season is soon upon us. Is it possible to get gluten off a grill? I don't think we've used any barbeque sauce on this grill but my husband did make hamburgers with some oatmeal added to them. Will I high enough temperature burn that off? I know I can grill my food on foil but would like the flavor my meat would get by cooking directly on the grill.

If you ant to be VERY careful do the aluminum foil thing, but I would heat it to the max and then scrub with a brush. Then keep it gluten-free after that. You should be fine.

richard

Not knowing what your actual grill part is made from, is it possible to use oven cleaner on it? I'd check the manual that came with it just to make sure you don't ruin it...or it is possible to buy a replacement part for it so you can still use it?

When I was in Wal-Mart yesterday, I saw Easy-Off Grill Cleaner (not to be used on exterior, interior or components). It's made specifically for the grill rack thingies (it's located by the oven cleaners in the store I was in)

When I was in Wal-Mart yesterday, I saw Easy-Off Grill Cleaner (not to be used on exterior, interior or components). It's made specifically for the grill rack thingies (it's located by the oven cleaners in the store I was in)

I second Easy Off. We used it to de-gluten our grill, one of the few items we didn't all-out replace when we went gluten-free. Make sure you clean the outside (not with easy off), also, because gluteny hands may have touched there, too.