Rate this topic

Hi, my name is Jessica (call me Jes) and my daughter was recently diagnosed with celiac disease. This has been a long time coming. She is 11, almost 12, and weighed only 56 pounds...since being on the diet (maybe 6 weeks now) she has reached 62 pounds, which is a huge improvement! She was deficeint in her vit k, vit b complex, iron, and just didnt look healthy, she either had severe diarhea, or very constipated, and almost every meal upset her stomach. Finally, the dr ran some bloodwork and she had the antibodies for a gluten intolerance...im so very new to all of this. We are still experimenting with gluten-free foods, we are finding that this diet is so incredibly expensive, and it has proven to be a trial and error adjustment! Any advice to a new to gluten-free family would be great, especially on how to shop on a budget!

I am new too! My daughter was also just diagnosed, although she is only a year old. I have already seen awesome improvements after just a few weeks gluten-free as well :) Well, I look forward to seeing what more experienced moms say!

Julie

new here too! welcome. the recipe and product forum is filled with great info :)