LJK

Georgetown Ontario (Mississauga/oakville/toronto Area)

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

I've been gluten-free for 3 months and I'm hoping that this forum will allow those of us in the GTA to share thoughts about local bakeries, stores, restuarants, etc. that are gluten-free friendly.

I just discovered the Organic Oven and have finally found some baked goods that actually taste good :D ! They have a wholesale/retail location in Mississauga and their products are also available in local stores like the Organic Garage in Oakville. Check their website: www.organicoven.com for more info.

I'm in the GTA as well (Scarborough) and am glad to be finding out about local places! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely be taking a look.

We recently tried a restaurant called The Magic Oven, and it was awesome. Gluten-free salad ingredients, salad dressings (minus the one salad with croutons, obviously lol), pizza toppings, pizza sauce, pizza crusts...tasty, good enough for non-celiacs (like my family) and no cc incident. The leftovers even reheated well the next day!

Also, if you're ever down in the Beaches in Toronto (Queen E between Vic Park and Woodbine) there's a great bakery called Wild Earth. They do gluten-free and "normal" foods (and also some lactose-free, vegan, nut-free, etc etc) and their products are great. I've eaten there a couple of times now and haven't had any problems with cc at all. (I heartily recommend the ginger cookies, btw!)

B)