This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dannon Light&fit Key Lime

pufffee

pufffee Apprentice

Hi

I have read some threads that Dannon will not say yes or no about if it contains gluten. It says it has Modified Food starch and I get a stomach ache and bloated when I eat banana and key lime. I thought it was because of the lactose because I have LI, that but I can tolerate huge glasses of milk and ice cream and not get upset stomach or bloating. Please help if anyone has any ideas.

Finally diagnosed on Wednesday after a year and a half of hel. Positive blood and positive biopsy's and my mother has it. Trying to start right and never thought yogurt would screw things up.

Thank you

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AlysounRI Contributor

Pufffee:

Yeah, sorry about the Dannon yoghurt.

Anytime it says "modified food starch" and it doesn't specify that it's corn, you have wheat.

If you see that on labels, just avoid it.

Perhaps you can check out the other Dannon kinds like the fruit on the bottom.

I don't have any Dannon at the moment so I can tell you what those labels say.

~Allison

Lisa Mentor

Hi

I have read some threads that Dannon will not say yes or no about if it contains gluten. It says it has Modified Food starch and I get a stomach ache and bloated when I eat banana and key lime. I thought it was because of the lactose because I have LI, that but I can tolerate huge glasses of milk and ice cream and not get upset stomach or bloating. Please help if anyone has any ideas.

Finally diagnosed on Wednesday after a year and a half of hel. Positive blood and positive biopsy's and my mother has it. Trying to start right and never thought yogurt would screw things up.

Thank you

In the US, Modified Food Starch is generally corn. If, derived from wheat it, by law must be listed as Modified Food Starch (wheat). Try Yoplait. They label as gluten free. I like to support those companies.

Congratulations and Welcome to the Club!

AlysounRI Contributor

In the US, Modified Food Starch is generally corn. If, derived from wheat it, by law must be listed as Modified Food Starch (wheat). Try Yoplait. They label as gluten free. I like to support those companies.

My bad.

I got it the other way around.

I got it wrong in another thread and no one corrected me.

I'll remember it the right way from now on.

~Allison

pufffee Apprentice

My bad.

I got it the other way around.

I got it wrong in another thread and no one corrected me.

I'll remember it the right way from now on.

~Allison

Thanks Ladies

Label says Modified Food Starch, then three lines down says less then 1% cordn starch. So I assume this mean it has both bad and good starch? I will go to Yoplait! : )

lovegrov Collaborator

Thanks Ladies

Label says Modified Food Starch, then three lines down says less then 1% cordn starch. So I assume this mean it has both bad and good starch? I will go to Yoplait! : )

No pufffee, it mean the corn starch is less than 1% of the total ingredients. If wheat is involved in any way, it HAS to be listed.

richard

dube Contributor

I happened to have called Dannon the other day...they said that only activa and their plain yogart is gluten free...they don't claim gluten-free on any other item.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

A local dairy told me most all of their yogurts are gluten-free but to watch for Pie Flavors. Some of them have little bits of a graham cracker type stuff to make it taste more like pie. Maybe that could have happened with your flavors? Still should be listed.

modiddly16 Enthusiast

A local dairy told me most all of their yogurts are gluten-free but to watch for Pie Flavors. Some of them have little bits of a graham cracker type stuff to make it taste more like pie. Maybe that could have happened with your flavors? Still should be listed.

Yoplait doesn't have this problem. Their pie flavors are just yogurt. You're probably pretty safe with Dannon but it's the principal of the matter. I go with Yoplait because they work with people to put gluten free on their labels when Dannon seemingly blows you off. However, sometimes, if the ingredient list looks good on yogurt and you still feel like its making you sick...it's making you something. Yogurt is supposed to raise the good bacteria levels in your body and keep you "regular". Sometimes its just your bodies natural reaction to the yogurt!

dube Contributor

I called "La Yogart" and the man said yes, it's gluten-free...however, he was extremely rushed on the phone and for some reason a red flag went up in my mind...anyone know about this yogart?

Archived