Guest 6kmom

New And Need Help

Rate this topic

Guest 6kmom

We are suspecting that my 9 year old has celiac or a very severe gluten intolerance. He has always had headaches, muscle cramps, very sensitive stomach and very irratable (no wonder). He had a 4 day spell where he could keep nothing down. After going to the doctor and having some normal tests done I decided to pull him off of gluten. He was wonderful for 10 days. He kept everything down and said he felt better than he has ever felt. When I talked to the doctor about getting testing done she said put him back on gluten and come back in a month. Within hours of ingesting the gluten, he was sick again. After several days of not keeping anything down I talked to the pediatric GI. They said get the blood work done right away. He has been back off of gluten since and still hasen't keep anything down. We are now at 1 week of throwing almost everything up.

Does anyone have any hints for me? Help!

How scary for you! What is he eating? Have you tried plain white rice and applesauce?

Just to let you know right now I hate typing so if I get sloppy....My daughter who is 8 was just diagnosed with celiac disease february 10th. Before that she had throwing up bouts that could last for days. She would just throw up bile for hours and hours. went to the hospital a couple of times for dehydration too. Dont know if this would help your son or if its even the same circumstances really but i gave my daughter a drug that they use for chemo patients. Its for nausea and vomiting and it would stop it instantly for her. If you havent tried that it might be worth a try. Its called Ondansetron and i do believe its generic. I always got the kind that just gets held under the tongue and disolves that way you dont have to worry about trying to take in water if its a pill( my daughter would definately not have been able to do that) Well I hope that this will be of some help for you,if not now, maybe in the future because im praying that your son is already on the mend.:)

We are suspecting that my 9 year old has celiac or a very severe gluten intolerance. He has always had headaches, muscle cramps, very sensitive stomach and very irratable (no wonder). He had a 4 day spell where he could keep nothing down. After going to the doctor and having some normal tests done I decided to pull him off of gluten. He was wonderful for 10 days. He kept everything down and said he felt better than he has ever felt. When I talked to the doctor about getting testing done she said put him back on gluten and come back in a month. Within hours of ingesting the gluten, he was sick again. After several days of not keeping anything down I talked to the pediatric GI. They said get the blood work done right away. He has been back off of gluten since and still hasen't keep anything down. We are now at 1 week of throwing almost everything up.

Does anyone have any hints for me? Help!

What did the blood work show?