book-worm

A Girly Question.

Rate this topic

Sorry for all the questions lately guise, and a huge thanks to those who

Well...

Female hormones affect every thing in your life. Studies have shown women perform better at math tests during certain points of the menstrual cycle. Doctors have diagnosed PMS because the hormone changes affect mood. Experienced hairdressers will admit perm chemicals react better during flow time. Auto-immune diseases symptomatic effects are more severe in women. Do you notice if you just have to have chocolate (or any other food craving) at a certain phase of the cycle too? ;)

If you notice that your symptoms are worse at a certain point in your cycle, then I say you are very in tune with your body. :)

It could be, but it could be other problems relating to your period. You have the blood/iron loss, which could be affecting how you feel overall. Diarrhea (moderate amounts) is common during periods--has to do with the stimulation of the muscles in that area--they respond to the same signals your body is giving to your uterus. Even completely healthy women can have diarrhea then.

For me, I had the opposite problem. I am noticeably more sensitive to gluten during ovulation. For years, I was worse starting around ovulation--this sometimes continued all the way to my period. So yes, hormones will affect things, but it could also be normal stuff most women go through. I'd also investigate your vitamin and mineral levels--that could be making things much worse.

Thanks guys, this helps.

According to my last blood results I

Mine is always worse during my cycle.

I currently having a heating pad over my tummy for that reason. Some cycles are so bad. It seems like everything makes me soo sick. Then it makes all my joints hurt.

So ready for this to get better. :(