kareng

Any Info For Doctors?

Rate this topic

Does anyone know of someplace I can get some basic info for my PCP? He doesn't know much about Celiacs but seems to go along with the things I suggest. He wanted me to go back to the GI that did my endo (surprisingly correctly). The GI knows alot about Celiacs, unfortunately, it doesn't apppear to be up-to-date or accurate. He says its just an alllegy & intestines will heal in 7-10 days. Gave no guidance on diet. Said no need to take extra vitamins the PCP prescribed due to multiple defficiencies. It would need to be something like a brochure, not too big, because he doesn't have a lot of time.

Does anyone know of someplace I can get some basic info for my PCP? He doesn't know much about Celiacs but seems to go along with the things I suggest. He wanted me to go back to the GI that did my endo (surprisingly correctly). The GI knows alot about Celiacs, unfortunately, it doesn't apppear to be up-to-date or accurate. He says its just an alllegy & intestines will heal in 7-10 days. Gave no guidance on diet. Said no need to take extra vitamins the PCP prescribed due to multiple defficiencies. It would need to be something like a brochure, not too big, because he doesn't have a lot of time.

The Celiac Sprue Association might help you with that.

http://www.csaceliacs.org/celiac_diagnosis.php

BTW, I would be in search of a new doctor who can support my diagnosis with knowledge and expertise. Unfortunately, your experience is not all that uncommon.

I have talked to the local chapter & no one really has a Primary Care type Dr that knows much. I can understand the medical info but I do feel bad for people that can't research stuff themselves. I know if it were my parents, they would not question what a doctor said or ask for any specific tests. Its frustrating & tiring to have to go it alone but I think we need to learn what we can about our health.