Wolicki

I Found A Knowledgeable Pediatrician

Rate this topic

I took my 9 yr old son to a Pediatric Endocrinologist today. He's also a Primary Care Ped. My son was dx'd Celiac last fall, but now has hypothyroid.

So, we went to see him today, and I told him he is Celiac for the history. He looked at his labs and indicated that he needs to have his antibodies tested for Hashimotos. Hallelujah- a doctor who understands that autoimmune issues go hand in hand.

He asked about what other labs he has had done, and all he's had is the Celiac panel, ferritin, B12 and TSH and Free T4. Since my son's been having some periods of major food binging, he ordered a full vitamin, nutrient workup! With no yelling, pleading or begging.

Wow. Never thought I would get so excited about a doctor that knew his stuff. I feel like I scored a big one today!

For anyone who needs a PED, it's Dr. William Holm on Avocado Ave., Newport Beach. Right next to Fashion Island, so you can go get a gluten free cupcake at Sprinkles when you're done :D

I'm very happy to read this! It sounds like you are in good hands and he'll get to the bottom of it. Mom to mom, I know this is a HUGE relief! :D

To his good health!

Thanks, TH. He seems great. And he's not really worried about his thyroid at this point. But, he ordered the antibodies, just to be on the safe side. <breathing a sigh of relief> :D

That's great Janie! My ped is pretty knowledgable too so far. I think I'll post her on a thread too.