Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest talsop

Eggs

I just had a friend who had blood allergy testing done. She came back allergic to something in the egg yolk, and also something in the egg white. She cannot have sulfides and egg whites are high in sulfides. Maybe it's sulfur bothering you all? It might be something to look into...

I just had breakfast and got really sick. I looked at the egg box and it said "chickens fed high multi grains and soy. . ." ohhhhh.  So, yes, eggs can make you sick if the chickens are fed with grains and not corn.  I am going to find some eggs high in corn and not fed soy or grain. I ate a different brand last week and didn't get sick. 

An Ohio State University graduate student experimented with feeding chickens a diet high in soy protein to see if he could influence the amount of soy isoflavones (a component of soy protein) in those chickens' eggs. He found that he could: chickens fed the high-soy diet routinely produced eggs higher in isoflavones. (http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/glutenfreefoodshopping/f/Are-Eggs-Gluten-Free.htm)

So I figure that if rBst can effect your milk, and high soy diets can effect eggs, then what the chickens are fed can effect your celiac or gluten intolerance. 

Always read the label of EACH product, and don't assume.   I get into more trouble when I do that.

CynOfGluten.

Well, rBst is a synthetic hormone. Hormones are transmitted due to their nature, and more importantly, their comparatively small molecular size. Prolamine protein molecules such as gluten are very long chains of amino acids. You can ride a bicycle through a doorway, but you can't drive a bus through it.

The soy mentioned was "a component of soy protein"--not the intact protein.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007