pixespirit

Recently Dx Celiac Struggles W/ Side Effects

Rate this topic

Greetings,

I am looking for support from others who may have gone through similar experiences. I need to know if what I'm going through is normal. Any feedback is appreciated.

I'm a 37 year old woman who was diagnosed (dx) w/ celiac disease Jan. 15, 2010. Upon receiving the dx, I changed my diet IMMEDIATELY. I've been experiencing loose stools since the beginning of December 2009, and I continue to have it today. My food moves through me within one hour. Everything I've read indicates that people start feeling better w/ more energy after changing their diet. I have yet to experience that 2 1/2 mo. later. In fact, I'm more lethargic each day. I got B12 shots several times over the past 6 months, but I need to lay down on a daily basis. I am a professional and I'm in graduate school working on my second graduate degree. I am also a mother and wife. Children were tested for Celiac, and thankfully both were negative. In addition to going gluten free, I cut out a great deal of sugar and soda. Additionally, I gained weight back in November and I continue to hold onto despite the new rabbit eating diet. I've called my dr. several times. He's sending me an order or more blood work to see if the Spru is decreasing. I do yoga when I can and would do it three times a week if my schedule allowed for it...but other duties call---sadly. I saw a nutritionist who gave me good idea's and helped me work through my sweet tooth addiction. Honestly, the loose stools and lethargy are driving me NUTS! I can handle the diet...but going to the bathroom 4-6 times a day and NEEDING a nap on a daily basis is not working for me.

Additional health issues include:

Life long allergies (environmental)

Gull Bladder removed 9 years ago

3 sinus surgeries

Ideas? Suggestions?

The only thing I can offer is this. My father and brother both had their gallbladder removed and their food travels through them much quicker than it did before the surgery.

The only thing I can offer is this. My father and brother both had their gallbladder removed and their food travels through them much quicker than it did before the surgery.

Thanks--Sadly, up until December 2009, this was not an issue for me. I just happen to notice a trend with Celiac and Gull Bladder which is why I shared...Looking for magic fix :)

Is your house gluten free? Have you done the kitchen things that need to be done like a dedicated toaster, no cooking with wheat flour even for others, restricting where others eat gluten foods to help keep crumbs down etc? Have you checked all meds OTC and script, script drugs that are generics need to be checked at each refill, supplements, some will say gluten free but still have wheat or barley grass which really is not safe for us. How about your toiletries and cosmetics, those should be gluten free also.