macocha

Don't Know Where To Post This...but Celiac Vs Alcohol

Rate this topic

curious to know - would being celiac cause your blood alcohol level to be way higher than what it in reality really is?

I don't think being celiac would have any effect on your BAC. Celiacs do not tolerate some gluten derived alcohols which can make you feel more intoxicated and have a worse hangover though.

It would actually be the opposite. Up to %80 of alcohol is absorbed in the small intestines and only %20 is absorbed in the stomach. If your intestines are not absorbing correctly (Celiac) than you will not absorb all of the alcohol. What your talking about sounds like a hepatic disorder.......witch could be related to Celiac Disease. (contradictory statements, I know)

• Upvote 1

I don't think being celiac would have any effect on your BAC. Celiacs do not tolerate some gluten derived alcohols which can make you feel more intoxicated and have a worse hangover though.

I think this is true. I never could figure out how I could drink one beer and be full-on drunk, but still be reasonably sober after two strong mixed drinks. And the morning after drinking beer I would always have GI problems (doesn't happen with liquor or wine). 'Twas the gluten. One gluten-free beer doesn't make me drunk.

I think this is true. I never could figure out how I could drink one beer and be full-on drunk, but still be reasonably sober after two strong mixed drinks. And the morning after drinking beer I would always have GI problems (doesn't happen with liquor or wine). 'Twas the gluten. One gluten-free beer doesn't make me drunk.

Yea I could never figure out why I would feel drunk and get a hangover from alcohol free beer. It was the neuro effects of gluten on my brain. Like you I can have two or three gluten free alcohol drinks and be fine the next day but give me one gluten derived drink and I am in lala land and sick as a dog the next day.

wow, that's why I haven't had a hangover in a while! I haven't had any beer in simply yonks!

btw, I'm waiting on someone to distill some chocolate tequila. If anybody ever finds any, please do let me know. ;)

wow, that's why I haven't had a hangover in a while! I haven't had any beer in simply yonks!

btw, I'm waiting on someone to distill some chocolate tequila. If anybody ever finds any, please do let me know. ;)

http://www.columbuswines.com/sku098282.html?utm_source=Google%20Products&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=TANTEO%20CHOCOLATE%20TEQUILA