macocha

Another Question - Can Pre-Diagnosis Of Celiac

Rate this topic

and still eating gluten make your A1c (diabetes) test not read correctly?

Any illness or stress can effect your blood sugar levels. If you are celiac and not gluten free that could effect those levels.

my son had an A1c before diagnosed and it was at the higher end of the spectrum (4 points away from being above the "average high end"). So, I am wondering if he should be retested since there is a correlation between the two. his urine did show kestones (sp?) in the beginning, but his A1c showed "normal."

my son had an A1c before diagnosed and it was at the higher end of the spectrum (4 points away from being above the "average high end"). So, I am wondering if he should be retested since there is a correlation between the two. his urine did show kestones (sp?) in the beginning, but his A1c showed "normal."

I was misdiagnosed with diabetes because I had an A1c measured once when I went to the doctor for relief after a severe glutening. In the next year after repeated home testing I realized the only time I had a high BS level was when glutened.

I would make sure that they do keep and eye on his BS and A1c after he is gluten free. Just to be on the safe side.