buffettbride

Udis, Udis, And More Udis

Rate this topic

Three times we have eaten at an Udi's successfully. Twice at the location in Denver/Stapleton and once (tonight) at the Arvada location. I can't tell you how enjoyable this is. Delicious sandwich fare at Stapleton with fries!! Real french fries. I eat gluten and I ordered a gluten-free sammich just to see how it measures up. Honestly? I was worried that they messed up my daughter's sandwich (we ordered the same thing) because the bread was so tasty.

Tonight we went to Udis at the Arvada location. It's a lovely bistro-style place with pizza. No regular fries, just sweet potato fries, but an expansive gluten-free menu none-the-less. There are 4 (yes, I said 4) different types of gluten-free beer. One is Bard's Tale. There are two Green's varieties. The fourth is a micro-brew out of Boulder, CO that is gluten free. Plus, they have Strong Bow. There's a great patio that I have promised my daughter we'd go in the summer and sip on coffee and have warm cinnamon rolls. I can't wait!

Anyway--we're 3 for 3 at Udis with no glutening. They seem to really get it and the products are delish. Also, there's no add'l charge for gluten-free items, so that is a plus. The only down side is I think everything is slightly overpriced--about $9 for a sandwich entree, but the food is tasty and I think worth it.

If you are EVER in the Denver area, do yourself a favor and find an Udis.

This is so good to know! My daughter told me that Stapleton is just a stone's throw from where they live. Hopefully I'll be able to get to Denver this summer...but first I need to get to the point where I don't need to be three seconds away from a bathroom!!!

Do you have any other good recommendations for gluten free dining in Denver? How fortunate you are to live in a large city with so many options!

In the three years since my daughter's dx, there has been an explosion of options. There are several places we eat regularly including

Udi's (with several locations/variety to choose from)

Ling & Louies (real breaded and fried sweet and sour chicken that is gluten-free)

Noodles

Chili's (no longer on our faves list since they changed the bbq sauce)

Lone Star Steak House

Maggianos

There's more I just can't think of right now. I'd definitely say Denver is an increasingly gluten-free friendly city.

In the three years since my daughter's dx, there has been an explosion of options. There are several places we eat regularly including

Udi's (with several locations/variety to choose from)

Ling & Louies (real breaded and fried sweet and sour chicken that is gluten-free)

Noodles

Chili's (no longer on our faves list since they changed the bbq sauce)

Lone Star Steak House

Maggianos

There's more I just can't think of right now. I'd definitely say Denver is an increasingly gluten-free friendly city.

I forgot a couple:

Garlic Jim's (pizza in Highland's Ranch) and they DELIVER!

Beau Jos (locations around town)

Ahorsesoul - I've eaten my way through Denver before!!! tongue.gif

Thanks, buffetbride, I'll let me daughter know of the places you came up with. I'm sure there are a lot more that she hasn't tried yet...