This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Walden Farms Has Gluten Free No Carb Syrups, Sauces And Dressings.

CelestialNav

CelestialNav Newbie

There is a Company called Walden Farms that has a entire line of Gluten Free, No Carb, No Calorie Syrups, Salad Dressings, Sauces and more.

Here's the link for their Website : Open Original Shared Link

Check it out.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Juliebove Rising Star

Some of it is good. Some not so good. Daughter likes the chocolate...or is it fudge...dip and also the caramel dip which is dairy free as well.

FMcGee Explorer

Just FYI, if anyone cares: this stuff is TERRRRRRRIBLE for you. It's all synthetic chemicals, there's no "food" there. The sugar alcohols alone would give me such a horrible stomach ache that I'd be climbing the walls. I got a pack of the dressings to take to restaurants and yowza, is that ever not worth it. Sugar alcohols bother some people more than others, but at the end of the day, ingesting this kind of thing in any quantity is not good for you. Also, there's no such thing as "zero calorie," except water, so be skeptical of the claims. It's like those companies that say "zero trans fat" and still have hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredients. They're allowed to say that because one serving has less than 1g of trans fat, but that stuff will still kill you dead.

luvs2eat Collaborator

I'm w/ you, FMMcGee... I'd rather have a tiny little bit of something real than a whole container of the fake stuff out there! I remember a friend challenging me to be able to tell the difference betw. REAL ice cream (cream, sugar) and fat-free ice cream (fake everything). It was a no-brainer... or a no-taster!!

Wolicki Enthusiast

Their peanut butter is DISGUSTING :blink:

Haven't gotten up the nerve to try anything else.

FMcGee Explorer

I'm w/ you, FMMcGee... I'd rather have a tiny little bit of something real than a whole container of the fake stuff out there! I remember a friend challenging me to be able to tell the difference betw. REAL ice cream (cream, sugar) and fat-free ice cream (fake everything). It was a no-brainer... or a no-taster!!

Me too! Have you tried the Hagen Dasz "Five Ingredients" style? We got the ginger flavor and it knocked my socks off. It almost tastes spicy. And it's obviously gluten-free, with no fillers or anything fake. A quarter of a cup was all I really needed because the taste was so satisfying. I eat ice cream like twice a year, too - it has to be really good for me to bother.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Me too! Have you tried the Hagen Dasz "Five Ingredients" style? We got the ginger flavor and it knocked my socks off. It almost tastes spicy. And it's obviously gluten-free, with no fillers or anything fake. A quarter of a cup was all I really needed because the taste was so satisfying. I eat ice cream like twice a year, too - it has to be really good for me to bother.

Y'know, I read a bunch of the 'five ingredients' labels and also read the normal ones? The normal ones have like, seven. Gee. I think it's a wonderful ice cream, but it's so clearly a marketing gimmick, just because they don't list 'skim milk' and 'cream' separately it's going to make ice cream better for me? I'm such a cynic....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

FMcGee Explorer

Y'know, I read a bunch of the 'five ingredients' labels and also read the normal ones? The normal ones have like, seven. Gee. I think it's a wonderful ice cream, but it's so clearly a marketing gimmick, just because they don't list 'skim milk' and 'cream' separately it's going to make ice cream better for me? I'm such a cynic....

I'm glad you found so many ice creams with clear labels. The difference for me is that by listing "skim milk" and "cream" separately, I can tell that it will be higher in lactose. Cream has so little that I can handle it, but skim milk is loaded with lactose. Sometimes the seventh ingredient is a stabilizer I'm not especially interested in consuming. I agree that it's largely a marketing gimmick, but I'm a little surprised by your hostile tone, especially given that other ice creams' extra ingredients do make a difference to some of us.

Archived