farmwife67

Diagnosed With Active Dietary Gluten Sensitivity

Rate this topic

Just diagnosed with active dietary gluten sensitivity. I don't quite know how I feel, I am kind of numb, glad on one hand to know what is probably causing the hypothyroidism, obesity, joint pain, foot pain, fatigue, constipation, bloating, itchy blisters on my scalp and psoriasis. Nervous on the other hand, thinking about my new gluten free life ahead. One step at a time, I just sent for my husband's test from enterolab, I am suspicious of him also. This will help us know our children's fate also.

I think I just needed some place to post my feelings, thanks for listening.

Welcome to the board and the gluten free lifestyle. You will find a lot of info here. It can be hard at first, go with as much whole unprocessed food as you can to heal faster. Ask any questions you need to you have found a good place for info and support.

Hey Farmwife, I'm new here, too, and I'm glad you're here as well! It's a great board! People are so understanding and supportive, as we're all basically in the same boat, and there's a lot of good info here. I've learned so much already!

It's a lot to take in at first. I was so overwhelmed and sad. I'm on week 11 and even though I still have my struggles, it does get better everyday. Welcome to the club you never wanted to join! :lol:

This is a fine group of people and you will get a lot of support here.

Farmwife, welcome!

Were you diagnosed with active gluten sensitivity through Enterolabs?

Just for my own personal curiosity, I'd be curious to know whether a doctor took this as reason enough to make a diagnosis of gluten sensitivity.

Hoping your health improves soon. I have gluten sensitivity as well! (I took the Enterolabs test -- positive for gluten sensitivity.)