The Glutenator

No Loss In The Dessert Department - Makes gluten-free Not So Bad

Rate this topic

I am about 2 months into a gluten-free diet and was mourning the loss of easy and satisfying baked goods. I have found Kinnikinnick cinnamon and sugar donuts as well as Glutenfreeda's chocolate chip cookies. These products are AMAZING. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy fresh desserts again, but either a fresh out of the oven cookie or warm donut with ice cream really makes my day.

Yes there is dessert after gluten, and it is good. :D

I really like the Kinni chocolate covered doughnuts too. There really are a lot of good treats around, more and more every day. In some ways that is a bit unfortunate as I can now grow hips.

Oh my gosh! There definitely is dessert after gluten! Our sweets/baked goods/dessert intake went through the roof two years ago when our son was diagnosed with Celiac. We never had that kind of stuff like we do now. I struggle with high cholestrol so I tried not to have it in the house. We love all kinds of gluten-free goodies - prepackaged as well as homemade.

I am about 2 months into a gluten-free diet and was mourning the loss of easy and satisfying baked goods. I have found Kinnikinnick cinnamon and sugar donuts as well as Glutenfreeda's chocolate chip cookies. These products are AMAZING. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy fresh desserts again, but either a fresh out of the oven cookie or warm donut with ice cream really makes my day.

You ought to try Udi's Blueberry muffins! The best blueberry muffins I've ever eat! They are sold frozen and oh so good! Also the betty crocker gluten-free cake mixes are good. We really like the chocolate. The yellow one I use for other things including pineapple upside down cake and to add strawberries in to make a strawberry cake. Pretty good. I use Pamela's pancake and baking mix at home a lot for my old gluten recipes like banana bread and muffins and cakes. It already has the zanthum gum in it so you don't have to add it. It also has baking powder too, so you don't have to add that to your recipes. We make crepes and pancakes that are sooo good from that flour mix. GOod luck!

A quick yummy chocolate cake/brownie desert you can make in the microwave!! This only takes 5 min from start to finish!! One of my saving graces...after a long day and I'm craving something oh so full of chocolate and easy...

3 Packets Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate (this brand is gluten-free, not all hot choclate is)

4 Tbsp Pamelas pancake and baking mix (if you don't have Pamelas, you can use 2 Tbsp brown rice flour and 2 Tbsp tapioca starch)

pinch salt

1 egg

2 Tbsp oil

4 Tbsp water

Grease or spray a small glass microwaveable bowl. Mix all the ingredients in the bowl. Microwave, uncovered for 3 minutes and enjoy! Its really that easy. Sometimes I eat it plain, dust with powder sugar, put mixed berries on top, whip cream on top, or with ice cream. You can even stir in mini chocolate chips or my fav...mint chocolate chips to the above recipe prior to cooking:)

Enjoy! Hope you like it!