farmwife67

Hot Dog And Hamburger Buns That Taste Good?

Rate this topic

Since my post for pizza went so well, now I'm hoping you can give me some good choices for hot dog and hamburger buns. I can live without them, but my family will not.

The only hot dog bun we have found that we can swallow is from The Grainless Baker.

Hamburger buns: against the grain buns, french meadow buns,bertille buns. The later is a favorite with our kids.

I will say I've baked both types of buns with success but I don't always have time to bake!

hth

mamaw

I have yet to find a decent hot dog bun, but Kinnickinnick HB buns are great. Soft and squishy :D

I have yet to find a decent hot dog bun, but Kinnickinnick HB buns are great. Soft and squishy :D

I tried the Kinnickinnick english muffins about 2 months after going gluten-free and was sick shortly after. That was at a time when I was still making mistakes (yeah, like I don't make any mistakes NOW), so I don't know if it was the muffins or some stupid thing I did. Has anyone else had a problem with KK products?

I tried the Kinnickinnick english muffins about 2 months after going gluten-free and was sick shortly after. That was at a time when I was still making mistakes (yeah, like I don't make any mistakes NOW), so I don't know if it was the muffins or some stupid thing I did. Has anyone else had a problem with KK products?

Kinni products are made in a dedicated facility. I am super sensitive and have never had an issue with any of their products. You may be intolerant to something else in them or you may have been gotten by something else up to three days or so before you ate them. We can have delayed reactions which makes it confusing at first trying to figure out what got us.

I also like the Kinni hamburger buns, I just cut my hot dog in half. I recently tried the Against the Grain and like those also. In addition the Against the Grain are a bit less expensive. At least the buns are. The only one of their pizza crusts my local stores carry is a single personal size for almost $7. the Kinni crusts are 4 crusts of the same size for $9 so I haven't tried the Against the Grain crust and likely won't. IMHO there is no reason to charge that much for one tiny crust.

I've heard several people hear praising Against the Grain. Unfortunately, they seem to only be available on the East Coast :angry: If anyone hears about it when they start up west of the Mississippi, please holler!

Kinni products are made in a dedicated facility. I am super sensitive and have never had an issue with any of their products. You may be intolerant to something else in them or you may have been gotten by something else up to three days or so before you ate them. We can have delayed reactions which makes it confusing at first trying to figure out what got us.

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. But I was so paranoid at the time that I threw out the rest of the muffins. Shoulda waited a bit and tried them again. I swear I've wasted more money trying stuff in the past 5 months than I have my entire life. It's really challenging getting a handle on this diet.

I recently tried the Against the Grain and like those also.

Unfortunately, according to their website, they don't distribute out here on the west coast. I'll have to check it next time we're in New York.

LOL Wolicki! We're on the same wavelength this morning!

Kinni makes hot dog buns too!

Grainless Baker makes really good hamburger buns. No one in my area carries them (health food coop is working on it) so I order them from the company. Expensive? Yes, but as the ad says... I'm worth it!