farmwife67

Hot Dog And Hamburger Buns

Rate this topic

Are there any good Hot Dog and Hamburger buns out there. I am making the whole house gluten free and my kids won't eat hot dogs or hamburgers without buns and so far I haven't found any good enough to eat.

Hi, I have made my own hamburger buns, they are really pretty easy, and don't take much time at all. They come from the cookbook Gluten Free Baking Classics by Annalise Roberts. They truly don't take much time (once you mix up the flour mix she uses, I keep some mixed up all of the time for my baking), I use muffin top pans and it works great for the hamburger buns. I am goig to make hot dog buns soon using a french bread pan. I haven't found one that is ready made that is worth eating yet, but I am still a newby.

I have found that Bob's Red Mill pizza crust mix makes AMAZING bread rolls. They stay soft for days and even handle refrigeration fairly well. I make the dough according to directions, and it's pretty easy to form by hand, as long as your hands are wet. I'm going to do hot dog rolls with it soon, thanks for reminding me!

Hot Dog buns:::: the grainless baker

bertille buns::::: hamburger buns

Against the grain::::: hamburger rolls

In the next few months Udi's is going to have burger buns. If they are like the bread then that will be a winner.......

hth

blessings

mamaw

In the next few months Udi's is going to have burger buns. If they are like the bread then that will be a winner.......

That's the best news I've heard all week!

Hot Dog buns:::: the grainless baker

bertille buns::::: hamburger buns

Against the grain::::: hamburger rolls

hth

blessings

mamaw

That is wonderful news! Gooooo Udi's!