kaiess

Amazing Bread Even My Husband Will Eat!

Rate this topic

I just wanted to share a recipe I've been using lately. Like everyone else I've tried numerous recipes and they haven't worked or came out tasting nasty.

1 egg

1/3 cup egg whites (I used the milk carton kind)

1/4 cup canola oil

1/4 honey

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar

1 1/2 cups warm skim milk (I put in microwave for 2 min and by the time I'm done getting the other stuff ready it's warm)

1 tsp salt

1 tbsp xanthan gum

1/2 cup tapioca flour

1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill all purpose flour (usually end up adding more once in mixer)

1 cup white rice flour

1 cup brown rice flour

at least 1/4 cup ground flax

1 tbsp active dry yeast

I put the wet ingredients (except milk) in a bowl and mix well. Put the milk in it's own bowl and put in microwave for 2 minutes before starting preparation. Pour the warm milk in the bread mixer then the wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients. Add the yeast and bake on the gluten-free cycle of your bread machine. I always help to mix it as it's mixing and if the dough is really doughy I add about 1/4 cup more All Purpose gluten-free Flour. Once it's done I take it out of the machine and let cool on a wire rack for a couple of hours. I simply wrap the bread with plastic wrap or put in a big ziploc bag and it keeps soft for days. We will NEVER go back to store bought frozen bread ever and I even like it better than the store bought glutened bread (I don't have Celiac, my son does). I have also frozen the bread and thawed for later use and it still tastes great. It took me a couple of tries to get the consistency right b/c the bottom would be doughy still. Enjoy! Kathy