Rate this topic

Don't condemn it out of hand, read it first then come back and criticise it. (If you wish)

Western populations consume gallons of milk as a primary source for calcium, vitamin D and other essential minerals vital for building healthy bones and thus might be expected to decrease the risk of hip fracture and/or osteoporosis, and yet the more milk and dairy products they consume the higher the occurrence of obesity, osteoporosis, cancer, acne, heart disease, constipation, diabetes and irritable bowel syndrome among them.

We all have grown to believe that consuming dairy foods can increase our body absorption of both calcium and vitamin D, but many of us are unaware that milk is the most polluted and unhealthy drink that has left us with many negative health effects.

Some of the controversial headings in this article.

Obesity is Linked to Consumption of Cows Milk and Other Dairy Products

The Calcium in Cows Milk Cant be Used by Human Body

High Protein in Cows Milk Accelerates Bone Loss

Cows Milk is Completely Devoid of Nutritional Value

Dairy Products are Loaded with Substantial Amount of Fat and Cholesterol

Cows Milk is for Baby Cows, Not Humans

Cows Milk Adds in Additional Hormone in Humans for Abnormal Growth

Dairy Foods Contributes to Global Warming

Over 60% World Populations are Lactose-intolerant

The Health Hazard of recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH) in Dairy Foods

Plus lot's more.

Read the article in full...click here

Best Regards,

David

I have two problems with this article. The first and foremost being, they do not discuss the correlation between the rise of disease associated with milk consumption, and the pasteurization of milk and milk products. I'd suggest a bit of study on the pros and cons of pasteurization.

My second problem is that the article reads like it was composed in another language and then translated by Babelfish. I use this closing statement as my example: "The objective of writing this article is clear here that I

Dairy cows are pumped full of hormones. These make them produce way more milk than they naturally are meant to. This makes their utters swell. This makes them a lot larger, and the drag around the ground all day. (Think dragging your hands behind you on the ground all day) Obviously, they get cut up. Since the cows basically live in their own waste, the cuts get infected with it. The infections cause pus. According to the FDA something like 1 cubic inch(or something like that) is allowed per gallon of milk. Thats disgusting, in my opinion. But I do think organic milk is different. Still, milk is supposed to leach calcium from your bones. I personally think brocolli, sesame seeds, etc are better sources of calcium.

I also agree with the milk being made for baby cows, not humans. Humans are the only species who drinks the milk of another species. Milk in any animal is meant for infants.

My doctor is definitely against milk. He isn't against organic kefir or yogurt, though, because of all the good probiotics in it.

Are you people crazy? Cows are pumped full of hormones??? Do you have any clue or idea what goes into raising any kind of agricultural crops--dairy included?? There are strick guidelines, as well as manditory testing through the national dairy Herd Improvement Assoication--that is-obviously-nationwide. It is amazing to me how many people will go on something they read or heard--not even trying to invstigate or research--reputable sources--for themselves.

Agrivating!

What is aggravating to me is that here in New Zealand we have a supposedly grass-raised dairy herd population and we thrive on our 'clean green' image. So where does that take us? It takes us to cows that are fed maize silage and it takes us to cows that are barn raised for a good part of the year and are fed palm husks thereby contributing to the depletion of the rain forests. Of course they claim that this is just leftover product and would be thrown away otherwise, but how much does this demand drive the cutting down of the rain forests for replacement with palms. We have cows that are fed BGH, we have cows that are essentially aborted of their calves so they will come into milk at the same time as all the other cows (the calves die of course). And this is in a country that is supposedly a model of good dairy practice. And all the while they degrade our streams and rivers, their effluent contaminates our wells, and when they die after eating their maize silage they are turned into hamburger meat. No wonder I don't eat burgers.

And this is over and beyond the pasteurization problem - I was raised on a farm and stopped drinking milk when it didn't come from a cow I milked. because I couldn't stand the taste and it gave me a stomach ache. I do however eat yogurt and cheese :(