twe0708

Nature Made Acidophilus Probiotics

Rate this topic

Are these beneficial or is is better to buy the ones in the refrigerator. I've heard that the probiotics the fridge are better and the ones that come in pill form on the shelf aren't any good. Any thoughts?

Are these beneficial or is is better to buy the ones in the refrigerator. I've heard that the probiotics the fridge are better and the ones that come in pill form on the shelf aren't any good. Any thoughts?

i've found that different probiotics sit differently with me. i'm using culturelle now.

i've heard the same. I use KAL brand pro-b. Keep it in the fridge. I know it helped to heal my intestines and keeps things regular. I just started giving them to my son, and it is helping him too.

Probiotics need to either be refrigerated or freeze dried capsules. Light and heat can destroy viable bacteria in products which are not refrigerated or freeze dried. If you have low levels of good bacteria, you will react with bloating and gas when you begin taking probiotics. Look for a product which at least contains the following: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis and FOS (Fructooligosaccharides). The last item is a 'prebiotic' which feeds the probiotics in your gut. Most people react to FOS with bloating and gas until their good intestinal bacteria reaches a healthy level.

SUE

I use these and have found them to be great. I like the fact they don't have to stay in the fridge, where I'll forget them. I take one in the morning, and one at night. This helps keep away what had been a monthly yeast infection. The price is great too. So, it works for me, it may not for others, but it does for me!

-Daisy

I'm using Kefir. Love it. :D