DingoGirl

Calling All Experts - Need The Best Articles

Rate this topic

Hey everybody,

First of all, I miss you guys! :(

Second.........I need information to send to a nurse/naturopath in New England who publishes a monthly newsletter which goes out to TONS of people, and she's consulting ME for her upcoming gluten publication. The problem is, I know I've gleaned so much info these past few years on this site, but haven't bookmarked all articles, and I need to send her the best, most concise articles and references on certain topics. These are things I'm looking for, and I don't have much time to research, hence my S.O.S:

~ I read somewhere along the way that wheat has been genetically altered for mass-production to contain about twice as much gluten as original grains, making it a very hard-to-digest polypeptide chain......but I don't know where I got this. :huh:

~ need good articles on gluten as it pertains to inflammation......I can't really explain why my joint pain left after going gluten-free, though it did - don't know technically why.

~ same with peripheral neuropathy - mine went away, but I can't remember the scientific reason why......

~ I remember reading many times that Celiac is most prevalent in populations in which grains were introduced much later and in areas farthest from the seat of agriculture. Did this come from one of Michael Pollan's books, or do we have articles?

~ anything concrete and cited (I have a few articles on this subject) in the arena of gluten and mental health issues, shizophrenia, bipolar depression, etc. Four years ago I attended the Celiac conference at Stanford, and asked Dr. Peter Greene in person about the link between gluten and depression.......his reply was something along the lines of "we don't really know..." I'm hoping that since then, new articles have been published?

I'm sure I"ll think of more things, but that's a start!

Thanks, all :)

when does she want this?

I have a random collection of scientific articles about gluten&celiac. I could send it to you by email if you are interested. Also, Wikipedia has some very good articles covering the topic of gluten&wheat sensitivities.

Thanks Jess! Alas, I could only open the first article........am I doing something wrong on that other site? There are no articles there..........just a box and a "display" setting, and I can't open anything. I am quite sure this is an *operator error* problem.

Help? :unsure:

Pac, I would love specific articles, I"ll send you my email.

Going to search this site........there's SO much good stuff here....will take time!

hmmmm.... I can't open them from home. I'll check it out when I get back to work. May have something to do with the university connection.

Suz--I was able to open all of them.

Well, today I was able to open all of them as well. :huh:

THANKS JESS! Good stuff to get us started :)

Very dismayed, though, to see the one study making no link between gluten and shizophrenia.....I think I've read about that connection so many times.....and was hopeful - and thinking - it could help people who suffer same to remove gluten.....hard for me to accept that one .