brendygirl

Udi Bread- No More Chiseling

Rate this topic

My new favorite bread is Udi. I've gotten it at Whole Foods and at Sprout's. It does come in the frozen section, but all you do is thaw the entire loaf and LEAVE IT OUT on the counter all week to eat whenever you want!

NO MORE CHISELING!!!!

Because it's not frozen and it's like "normal" bread---I take it with me EVERYWHERE. To work. On vacation, I brought it (it thawed on the way there) and brought a piece with me to every restaurant for 6 days!

The texture is good-soft and springy, it has lots of air holes, more like glutenated bread.

It is not chalky in the least.

I can just make a sandwich and take it along without worrying about it becoming hard or inedible.

After being gluten-free for four years, this is a dream come true.

Udi's is the best. I am lucky to live in Colorado where Udi's was born and "bread" and we even have Udi's cafes here. I got a gluten-free sandwich (I don't have to eat gluten-free, my daughter does) and I had to double check that it was actually made on gluten-free bread it was THAT good. The muffins are good, too, although I still prefer the Kinnickinnick pizza crusts.

NO MORE CHISELING!!!!

Ah, yes.....I got to take a trip to the Immediate Care the eve of Thanksgiving, thanks to gluten-free bread! :rolleyes:

Here in north Dallas, they sell the Udi bread in the bakery department of Whole Foods. I am in love with the bagels. I use them for burger buns, grilled chicken sandwiches, even had leftover grilled salmon on them. I also buy the bread, freeze it on a cookie sheet and then put it into a ziplock so I can take out one or two slices at a time. I haven't tried their sweets but their lemon muffins look great.

I would love to try Udi's, nothing but good stuff I hear from all of you...*sigh* my whole foods doesn't carry it nor will they according to the rep I spoke too. I am in Vegas, so I don't know why they won't carry it, but I am sad. :( Maybe one day.

I would love to try Udi's, nothing but good stuff I hear from all of you...*sigh* my whole foods doesn't carry it nor will they according to the rep I spoke too. I am in Vegas, so I don't know why they won't carry it, but I am sad. :( Maybe one day.

You can mail order Udi's bread from this site! Your 'someday' may be sooner than you think. :)

You can order it online. :-)

You can order it online. :-)

I know, but it's so expensive. :(

I might break down one day and order it.