farmwife67

Is Hidden Valley Ranch Made From Dry Ingred.(Packet) gluten-free?

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if Hidden Valley Ranch made from the mix you buy in a packet gluten-free? I had it for lunch today at a restaurant without even thinking. I know they make it from the dry mix with buttermilk and mayo.

We make it occasionally without any problems. I love it mixed with buttermilk for yummy ranch dressing.

That said, it does have MSG (monosodium glutamate) which is definitely NOT good for you (or anyone), and I've noticed my Celiac daughter can only tolerate small amounts of MSG without getting peripheral symptoms such as a headache or slight tummy distress. Those symptoms are simply because she has a sensitive digestive system, not because she is being glutened.

We make it occasionally without any problems. I love it mixed with buttermilk for yummy ranch dressing.

That said, it does have MSG (monosodium glutamate) which is definitely NOT good for you (or anyone), and I've noticed my Celiac daughter can only tolerate small amounts of MSG without getting peripheral symptoms such as a headache or slight tummy distress. Those symptoms are simply because she has a sensitive digestive system, not because she is being glutened.

Thanks, I'm assuming it was ok for me I didn't react and rash on my scalp didn't get any worse. thanks for the reply