Gmason4

Green Super Foods - Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

Hi All,

I have been looking for a product to aid in nutrition such as the link i list below. Many of these products are listed as "gluten free" even with wheat grass and barley grass being listed as ingredients. From researching this its due to the fact that gluten is found only in the seed kernel (endosperm) and not in the stem and grass leaves. This still makes me nervous due to cross contamination.

The below company has their product tested twice a year and has always been below the recommended PPM.

Enerfood Green Superfood!

I was just curious if anyone has any experience with this product or similar products?

Cheers,

Garrett

I was taking a whole food vitamin that contained wheat grass and barley grass when I first whent off of gluten and realized that I was reacting to it. Since that experience I stay away from all of the gluten grain grasses. I believe that the Garden Of Life has a gluten free superfood/green drink mix (I haven't looked into it recently, but heard about it from my mom). I have been using their vitamins and they have worked really good for me. Anyway, it might be a good option to check out.

Good Luck!

Sarah

After becoming severely ill from a product that was labeled gluten-free but had barley and wheat grass I won't touch them now. It did teach me to read all the label on my supplements.

I just don't see how they could be sure every single blade of grass hasn't sprouted. I haven't taken any of those supplements, too scared.

I just don't see how they could be sure every single blade of grass hasn't sprouted. I haven't taken any of those supplements, too scared.

Hi, I just joined, and was surprised to find this. I have been gluten-free for 3 weeks and feel great. However, I was very sick last night, and when I finally woke up, I read the back of the can of Spirutein and Alive! vitamin shakes, and there was wheat and barley grass in them. I was so sad, as I am used to having the shakes at least once a week, but haven't had them in a few weeks. I am still getting used to reading labels, but after being sick last night, I am going to more vigilant.