lizard00

Sleeping And Food Intolerances/allergies

Rate this topic

I had my son tested for celiac about a 18 months ago or so, and it came back negative. At that time, there really wasn't anything going on. Within the past couple months he has developed super-duper dry skin, which nothing seems to help as of right now. (He's ALWAYS scratching.) We eliminated gluten for a small time, but didn't really notice anything. We probably should've gone longer, but it was about all I could persuade my husband to do.

But recently, he's stopped sleeping through the night. He doesn't have trouble getting to sleep, but he usually gets up at least once during the night. This happened once or twice after his baby sister was born (she's 7 months now). But the past few months this has become almost nightly. So, he's getting wilder and more stubborn by the day, which we have gone around and around on whether it's a food intolerance/allergy, sugar, etc... There are some days where he does the complete opposite of whatever I tell him to do, all day. He's restless most of the time, he always looks tired, gets whiney over the smallest things. I think the root of this is that he's tired most of the time, because he's not getting enough continuous sleep.

Those of you with children with either celiac and/or food allergies, did you notice a change in sleep patterns? He started sleeping through the night at 3 months, and would only be up if he got cold or sick. So, this is definitely a new thing for him. We're starting him on a new round of eliminations, and he goes to the doctor for his 5 yr check-up in about 2 weeks, so I'm going to discuss it with the doctor. But this group of folks is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced that I have come across. So, if anyone can offer me any advice, I would appreciate it.

My son was just diagnosed he has been sleeping alot better!!! I think his reason for not sleeping well had more to do with his stomach hurting then anything. He would wake up screaming in apin for either a sore butt or stomach ach.

I had my son tested for celiac about a 18 months ago or so, and it came back negative. At that time, there really wasn't having anything going on. Within the past couple months he has developed super-duper dry skin, which nothing seems to help as of right now. (He's ALWAYS scratching.) We eliminated gluten for a small time, but didn't really notice anything. We probably should've gone longer, but it was about all I could persuade my husband to do.

But recently, he's stopped sleeping through the night. He doesn't have trouble getting to sleep, but he usually gets up at least once during the night. This happened once or twice after his baby sister was born (she's 7 months now). But the past few months this has become almost nightly. So, he's getting wilder and more stubborn by the day, which we have gone around and around on whether it's a food intolerance/allergy, sugar, etc... There are some days where he does the complete opposite of whatever I tell him to do, all day. He's restless most of the time, he always looks tired, gets whiney over the smallest things. I think the root of this is that he's tired most of the time, because he's not getting enough continuous sleep.

Those of you with children with either celiac and/or food allergies, did you notice a change is sleep patterns? He started sleeping through the night at 3 months, and would only be up if he got cold or sick. So, this is definitely a new thing for him. We're starting him on a new round of eliminations, and he goes to the doctor for his 5 yr check-up in about 2 weeks, so I'm going to discuss it with the doctor. But this group of folks is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced that I have come across. So, if anyone can offer me any advice, I would appreciate it.

Could he be having nightmares? My 5 year old has been having nightmares several times a night and he does not always wake up fully from them. Other times he does and he ends up at the bottom of my bed. He does not have any intolerences that we know of at this time.

Could he be having nightmares? My 5 year old has been having nightmares several times a night and he does not always wake up fully from them. Other times he does and he ends up at the bottom of my bed. He does not have any intolerences that we know of at this time.

Anything is possible. He never says anything about being scared, but it's something to consider.