eatGF.only

Anyone Out There A gluten-free Traveler Like Me?

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am delighted to join this great forum where everyone is out to help each other.

I travel quite often and being gluten-free is difficult for me. Scheduleing and Bookings take much longer than it used to since I need to do a lot of research on where to buy gluten-free stuff, which hotels, resteraunts cater to my needs,ect.

I hope to be able to obtain helpful information from experienced gluten-free travelers or any member which happens to live close by to the places I'll be visiting.

My next trip is to Los Angeles, CA. Anyone out there familiar with where to shop/eat gluten-free ?

If you like garlic, The Stinking Rose in L.A. was very knowledgeable and took good care of me. I called ahead and talked to a chef, but I got the distinct feeling that if I hadn't done so I still would have been well taken care of.

Disneyland is awesome about taking care of us.

If you want some fast food, In-N-Out is likely your best bet. Just order what you want "protein style" and have them hold the sauce and you're completely safe.

It's late and I'm tired, so I can't think of anything else in this area off-hand, but I'm sure others will join in.

If you like garlic, The Stinking Rose in L.A. was very knowledgeable and took good care of me. I called ahead and talked to a chef, but I got the distinct feeling that if I hadn't done so I still would have been well taken care of.

Disneyland is awesome about taking care of us.

If you want some fast food, In-N-Out is likely your best bet. Just order what you want "protein style" and have them hold the sauce and you're completely safe.

It's late and I'm tired, so I can't think of anything else in this area off-hand, but I'm sure others will join in.

Thanks!

I love to travel, but I rarely eat in restaurants, and I don't eat gluten-free substitutes, so I spend no extra time at all planning my trips.

Hi Everyone,

I am delighted to join this great forum where everyone is out to help each other.

I travel quite often and being gluten-free is difficult for me. Scheduleing and Bookings take much longer than it used to since I need to do a lot of research on where to buy gluten-free stuff, which hotels, resteraunts cater to my needs,ect.

I hope to be able to obtain helpful information from experienced gluten-free travelers or any member which happens to live close by to the places I'll be visiting.

My next trip is to Los Angeles, CA. Anyone out there familiar with where to shop/eat gluten-free ?

I LOVE Real Food Daily. There's one in LA and one in Santa Monica. They have gluten-free waffles for brunch on Sunday. If you're also avoiding casein there's a terrific dish called Not-chos, which is made with cashew cheese and tofu sour cream. They have a lot of gluten-free options, and are very knowledgeable. I like their food so much I bought their cookbook :)

in general, celiac restaurant cards can be helpful, you can send them in advance to restaurants if you want to book a table for example so the chef has a bit of time to think about suitable meals.

there're free ones here http://www.celiactravel.com/restaurant-cards.html (basic ones on lots of languages) or you can buy them here http://www.delicardo.de/eng (more detailed and like business cards in lots of languages)

there're also websites like http://www.allergyeats.com/ and http://www.lonelyplate.org/ that my be helpful (they are new so don't have so many reviews as yet)

i hope that helps with planning time